Cover image: ©UNDSS
The BSAFE course contains vital security information for personnel, family members and others covered by the UN Security Management System (UNSMS). This online course is mandatory for all staff, consultants, volunteers and interns.
This course replaces the Basic Security in the Field (BSITF) and Advanced Security in the Field (ASITF) courses. You can find answer to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in this document.
By the end of the course, you will learn how to:
- Take appropriate precautionary and preparative actions
- Play a more active role in keeping yourself and your colleagues safe
- Effectively engage with the UN security structure.
- Apply practical techniques to manage risks and deal with difficult circumstances
- React appropriately in the event of actual danger, threat, or injury
- Comprehend your psychological reaction to security incidents and know where to obtain help
This course is suitable for all staff of any level of seniority, in particular, new staff who are joining the UN system for the first time.
It should take you about 1 hour to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of one self-paced animated module divided into four sections. The module includes various examples and activities, and it is followed by a 50 questions assessment.