photo credit: © UNICEF/NYHQ2015-1008/Nybo
The more time you give yourself to prepare for your retirement, the better. Many experts recommend that you begin planning at least 12-24 months in advance for an impending retirement; this gives you ample opportunity to explore both the administrative and logistical things you must do, and also the kinds of activities you’d like to explore when you leave your current position.
UNICEF has created this e-learning module to help you think about some important questions relating to a transition out of the organization, and to give you some ideas to approach this transition in a proactive and thoughtful manner.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Consider five important questions to consider when contemplating retirement
- Learn about possible options to explore
- Get practical advice and tips, along with relevant resources to help you think through your next steps
- Learn from stories of how other UNICEF staff members made the transition
- Start to create an action plan for moving forward
This course is suitable to all staff of any level at UNICEF who want to learn how to effectively prepare for, and explore, retirement options.
It should take you about 20 - 25 minutes to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of a single short self-paced animated module, including various tips, and a final action planning activity.
This course is composed of five sections:
- Contemplating Retirement
- Five Questions to Ask Yourself
- Exploring Your Options
- Taking Action
- Useful Resources
Nina Segal, Career Development Focal Point: email@example.com