About the course
The course aims to provide UNICEF staff and implementing partners with programming tools and programme examples for designing gender-transformative education programmes.
At the end of the activity, learners will be able to…
- Understand the basic principles of gender analysis applied to education programming.
- Identify gender norms that pose barriers to girls’ and boys’ education and learning.
- Use and represent different types of data (quantitative and qualitative) to uncover gender disparities in education.
- Understand gender-responsive programming in the programme design phase: constructing theories of change, programme strategy notes, and selecting effective interventions for a given context.
- Become familiar with selected evidence-based interventions proven to effectively improve gender equality in education, benefiting both girls and boys, especially the most marginalized.
- Become familiar with selected tools to monitor gender results and expenditures in education programmes.
- Explain how cross-sectoral approaches are essential to improving gender equality in education
- Identify big players/donors/partners in the field of girls’ education and gender equality in education
- Understand key elements of scaling up education programmes focused on achieving gender equality
UNICEF Education staff and implementing partners
The total duration of the course (5 modules) is 150 minutes.
There are 5 modules in the course.
Ingrid Sanchez Tapia
Education Specialist, NY HQ