Cover image: © UN Photo/Marie Frechon
The Basic Security In the Field course contains vital security information for personnel, family members and others covered by the UN Security Management System (UNSMS). BSITF II is mandatory for all individuals covered by the UN Security Management System, regardless of grade or function.
By the end of the course, you will learn how to:
- Take appropriate precautionary and preparative actions
- Apply practical techniques to manage risks and deal with difficult circumstances
- Make quick assessments in dangerous situations
- React appropriately in the event of actual danger, threat, or injury
- Comprehend your psychological reaction to security incidents and know where to obtain help
This course is suitable to all staff of any level of seniority, in particular new staff who are joining the UN system for the first time.
It should take you about 3-4 hours to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of seven self-paced animated modules, including various examples and activities.
The course is divided into seven modules. With the exception of the first module, there is an assessment at the end of each module.