What is Personal Information?
For the purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to any identifiers such as your name, address, phone number, email address, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you as an individual.
Any Personal Information you post publicly can be viewed by others. We are not responsible for what others might do with such information, so please remember to be careful with what you post. If you post Personal Information on this site, we will remove it. If you see that someone else has done so, please contact the Agora team at email@example.com immediately so that we can remove such information.
In brief: How do we protect your Personal Information?
• We will not use your Personal Information other than for the purposes described in this policy.
• We will not sell your Personal Information.
• We will not keep your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by law.
• We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information. For example, we use third parties to host our website and provide services to us. We have implemented the necessary contractual arrangements to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data we share with them.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
In order to create an account and access this site, certain types of Personal Information will be captured, such as name, city/town, country, e-mail address, username and password. Together with other types of Personal Information collected voluntarily from you (see below regarding such collection), this data will be used to create and maintain your user profile. Only the starred fields are mandatory when creating your account. We encourage users to use their real name as username as it will be used to issue your personalized certificates of completion for Agora courses.
For UNICEF users, the following details are fed into Agora from other UNICEF systems: name, e-mail address, duty station, gender, date of birth, organizational unit, division, region, country, contract dates, contract type, position, gender, manager’s position.
Additional data such as interests, profile picture, or additional contact details or social profiles can optionally be added by users on their profile. All of these details are optional.
Agora also hosts your personal learning record (i.e. courses you have enrolled in and/or completed), where your activities and achievements are saved.
We collect any information that you provide to us when you write a comment through a chat session or discussion forums or submit feedback, or post any other sort of content on this site.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Agora team, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. We remind you to never communicate your password by email, even with the Agora team or another UNICEF staff member.
Awards, Contests, Surveys, Events and Newsletters
We may collect information from you when you participate in awards, contest, surveys, or events posted on this site or when you sign up for our newsletters.
If you are a UNICEF User, Agora may receive Personal Information about you when you access other sites operated by Agora or UNICEF or through third party sites that provide a service to Agora or connect to Agora education resources.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use your Personal Information only for the purposes indicated below and only when it is strictly necessary:
· Communicate with you (e.g. updates and system notifications) to provide you with services, such as “password reset” options;
· Inform you about latest developments and offerings from Agora. You may unsubscribe from any of these communications;
· Recommend learning opportunities that are relevant to a learner’s context, preferences and needs;
· Establish contact between you and other learners, if you choose to turn on this function in your account;
· Help human resource departments of UNICEF and other partner institutions to keep track of training programmes of their staff;
3. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We generally do not share your Personal Information. We may share it only for the purposes indicated below and only when it is strictly necessary.
Why and how do we share your Personal Information?
· To individual owners of courses offered on Agora, interesting in knowing more about the use of the courses they developed (e.g. number of enrollments, profile of users, their location). Most of the time this data will be aggregated and anonymized;
· To human resources representatives of partner institutions to encourage their staff members to complete certain courses on Agora;
· We may share your learning activity and learning records with your line manager(s), system administrators and course tutors or facilitators;
· To third parties, such as servers and databases providers, for storage purposes;
· We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission. We may seek your permission in various ways. For example, we may present you with an “opt-in” prompt when you set up an account or access certain content.
We will only transfer your Personal Information to trusted third parties who provide sufficient guarantees that your Personal Information will be kept secure.
We will never sell your Personal Information.
We may de-identify (i.e. anonymize), aggregate and share information collected through the site to third party providers for statistical analysis and other lawful purpose, including in research studies, publications, help trainers understand the profile of the learners, better understand the usage of the Agora services and improve the operation of the site.
4. HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You can edit most of your profile details at any time by logging into your account and selecting account management. UNICEF users can only edit selected fields.
You can request deletion of your account by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that most forum posts can only be edited within a limited timeframe. If you wish to see a post deleted after that, please contact us at email@example.com with the URL of the forum page and details of the post.
Please note that we have no control over reposts of your content on other sites. Therefore, if we delete your Personal Information from our servers it does not mean that your information will be deleted from the Internet.
You can delete cookies at any time – we however encourage you to not do so in the middle of a session to avoid issues with course progress or completion tracking. Deleting Agora cookies will terminate your session and you will need to authenticate again to continue using the site.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving email from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving marketing communications from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding this site.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use and store your Personal Information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for and as specified in UNICEF’s retention policy. We use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements and rights. Otherwise, we will seek to delete your Personal Information within a 2 month timeframe upon your written request.
6. IS THE AGORA WEBSITE SECURED?
We are committed to protect your Personal Information through the implementation of encryption methods, secured login, firewalls, regular security patches and antivirus. Unfortunately, such precautions may not be sufficient to guarantee a complete security of your data. It is always a possibility that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access your Personal Information or private communications. So, although we work extremely hard to safeguard your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your information or communications will always remain private.
We also ask that you do your part to safeguard your Personal Information. Select and protect your password appropriately. Limit access to your account and sign out of your account once you have finished using this site. Also, be careful about connecting to the site using an insecure Wi-Fi. Public Wi-Fi, for example, is inherently insecure — so be cautious.
Should you have reasons to question the integrity of this site or your data, please do promptly contact us at email@example.com.
7. WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES REFERENCED OR EMBEDDED ON THE SITE?
The table below identifies the cookies we may use on this site and explains the purposes for which they are used. Please note that we may update the information contained in this table from time to time.
Provider Name Purpose
Google Analytics _ga Understands and tracks engagement of users. The GA cookie we use is anonymous.
UNICEF (Agora) MDL_SSP_AuthToken
TotaraSession Used to manage authentication to the site and details and preferences related to your visit (e.g. selected language)
Needed to use the site
(Agora) _pk_id.22.4bb3 (or similar)
Local Storage Used to save preferences from a visit to another.
Can be refused and/or deleted via the browser interface.
(Agora wiki) JSESSIONID
language Used to manage authentication to the Agora wiki site.
Used to record language settings selected.
Needed to use the wiki site
10. CONTACT US
Last Updated: 7 December 2020