Cover image from Shutterstock
Close to retirement, on an abolished post, due for rotation, or leaving your job for other reasons? This course will review how to manage your career transition, and provide an opportunity to hear from a number of UNICEF staff who have transitioned in and out of the organization. Then, it will provide tips on how to get focused, and then guide you through preparing a resume/CV for the external job market. It will then move onto networking and strategically using your professional relationships to help you transition. Finally, it will help you structure a job search and engage in some planning for next steps.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Better understand the transition process and how to create support for yourself through the transition.
- Understand the process of self-assessment and how it can help you focus during a career change.
- Revise your resume and strategize about how to best your use your network in your impending transition.
- Develop a more strategic, coherent plan of action to move forward.
This course is suitable to all staff of any level of seniority, who want to learn how to effectively prepare for, and explore, other job opportunities.
It should take you about 30-40 minutes to complete this self-paced
This course is composed of a single short self-paced animated module, including various videos, tips, and activities.
This course is composed of five sections:
- Getting focused
- Creating a resume/CV
- Building relationship and activating your network
- Launching your job search
- Next step
Nina Segal, Senior Career Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org