Make a difference through early childhood development interventions
Through this online training you will:
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of early childhood development interventions and why these are key to UNICEF's work in the field;
- Build technical expertise and gain access to tools to implement ECD interventions at scale;
- Learn how to accelerate results for the youngest children through a multi-sectoral approach.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe UNICEF’s vision and approach to Early Childhood Development;
- Identify evidence based multi-sectoral intervention packages, programmatic delivery platforms, contributions to sector goals, implementation strategies and organizational arrangements needed to advance the ECD agenda according to the country office;
- Explain and describe the importance of focusing in multi-sectoral programming benefitting the youngest children;
- Utilize the detailed frameworks contained in the Programme Guidance for ECD to support the designing of your country office programme;
- Describe UNICEF’s engagement with the governments and partners on the implementation and scale up of an ECD programme with the government;
- Start thinking about ways in which to apply what you have learned to your everyday work and life.
- UNICEF staff (country offices, Regional Offices and HQ)
- UNICEF partners
- UNICEF and National Committee consultants, interns, volunteers, goodwill ambassadors and National Committee board members
- UNICEF government, civil society and corporate partners as appropriate
It should take you about 65 minutes to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of an introduction, six short self-paced modules, and final section testing the newly acquired knowledge. Each module introduces 'key messages' illustrated by interactive icons and short videos providing more information. The videos walk the leaner through the main concepts of each module, facilitating its understanding. The videos are available with or without audio, a transcript is provided for all. A final activity encourages you to reflect on the learning for each module and, finally, the course as a whole.
This course is composed of 8 modules:
- UNICEF's ECD vision
- Why does ECD matter?
- What do children's brains and bodies need to develop?
- UNICEF's approach
- Designing the programme
- Management and organizational arrangements
- Show what you know
Technical issues: firstname.lastname@example.org