The personal security for women online course is based on the learning objectives of the Women's security awareness training and bridges the gap between the time of onboarding and the opportunity to attend a Women's security awareness training session.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of preparation prior to undergoing travel
- Outline ways to deter unwanted attention in public transportation and hotels
- Describe the different manifestations of violence against women
- Outline preventative and mitigation measure to reduce the risk of violence
- Identify support available o survivors of violence
This course is suitable for the new female staff of any level of seniority, of technical or non-technical background, who want to learn the basics about the subject.
It should take you about 60 minutes to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of a single short self-paced animated module, including video and various examples and activities.
This course is composed of four sections:
- Safer travel for women (including travel and accommodation)
- Violence against women
- Practical tips and available support