Cover image: © UNICEF/UNI178105/Dolan
The course will first teach you to analyse a job vacancy and know whether you should apply for it. Then, it will move on a very important aspect of your application: creating your e-recruitment profile, which included describing your duties and achievements to show that you’re a qualified and unique candidate. Lastly, this course will teach you to translate those duties and achievements into an effective cover letter.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of researching and analysing a vacancy announcement in order to prepare an effective written application.
- Effectively present your qualifications and highlight your competencies and talents.
- More appropriately target your applications, CVs/resumes, and cover letters to a vacancy notice.
This course is suitable to all staff of any level of seniority, who want to learn how to effectively prepare job applications.
It should take you about 30 minutes to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of a single short self-paced animated module, including various examples and activities.
This course is composed of five sections:
2. Analyse a job vacancy
3. Create e-recruitment profile
4. Craft your cover letter
5. Wrapping up (incl. a short assessment)
Nina Segal, Senior Career Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org