Cover image: © UNICEF/NYHQ2015-2657/Gilbertson VII
This course will introduce you to useful skills that you may use to help nurture a productive working relationship between supervisee and supervisor and to prepare you for having a mid-year check-in conversation at UNICEF.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of the objectives of a mid-year check-in conversation
- Practice key tools such as active listening, effective questioning and feedback techniques to use in a mid-year check-in conversation
- Equip yourself in preparation for your mid-year and other future check-in conversations
This course is suitable to all UNICEF staff, both supervisors and supervisees.
It should take you about 20 minutes to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of a single short self-paced animated module, including various examples and activities.
This course is composed of four sections:
- Introduction: What is a performance mid-year check-in conversation?
- Getting ready for a mid-year check-in: What can we expect?
- Making the most of the mid-year check-in: Strengthening the partnership
- Putting it all together
If your require additional help, please email the Global Help Desk via Service Manager.