About the course
The goal of this e-learning course is to provide participants with critical knowledge about International Transport, In-country Transport, and Warehousing. It explains processes, procedures and good practices, in line with the Supply Manual and other reference documents.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the UNICEF Transport Function and its requirements.
- Explain how to plan for International Transport and Customs Clearance.
- Identify the systems and tools in place to support warehouse operations.
- Explain how to carry out Receiving, Putting away, Picking and Dispatching goods in and from UNICEF warehouses.
- Understand how to do physical inventory and inventory adjustments.
- Identify UNICEF’s in-country transport requirements.
- The course is recommended for all UNICEF staff globally, and it is mandatory for Staff in Logistics and in the Supply function.
- Colleagues working in Operations and Programme are also encouraged to take the course.
- External partners may also enrol, to gain a better understanding of the Logistics function within the context of UNICEF’s mandate.
It should take you about 5 hours to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of eight short self-paced modules, and a final section testing your understanding of the key points covered in the course. You can choose the lessons of your interest but need to complete all modules and the self-assessment to earn your certificate.
The course is made up of 8 short modules.
Each lesson can be taken individually or in combination with another:
Module 1 - Introductory video
Module 2 - UNICEF’s Transport Function
Module 3 - UNICEF’s International Transport and Customs Clearance
Module 4 - Introduction to warehousing at UNICEF
Module 5 - Receipt of goods and put-away into storage
Module 6 - Pick items for release orders and dispatch
Module 7 - Physical inventory and inventory adjustments
Module 8 - UNICEF’s In-country Transport.
For questions on this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.For AGORA technical issues and support: UNICEF staff to Report an IT issue through the Service Gateway portal; for guest users, please address to email@example.com.