The goal of this e-learning course is to provide participants with critical knowledge about International Transport, In-country Transport, and Warehousing. It explains processes, procedures and good practices, in line with the Supply Manual and other reference documents.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the UNICEF Transport Function and its requirements.
- Explain how to plan for International Transport and Customs Clearance.
- Identify the systems and tools in place to support warehouse operations.
- Explain how to carry out Receiving, Putting away, Picking and Dispatching goods in and from UNICEF warehouses.
- Understand how to do physical inventory and inventory adjustments.
- Identify UNICEF’s in-country transport requirements.
- The course is recommended for all UNICEF staff globally, and it is mandatory for Staff in Logistics and in the Supply function.
- Colleagues working in Operations and Programme are also encouraged to take the course.
- External partners may also enroll, to gain a better understanding of the Logistics function within the context of UNICEF’s mandate.
The course is made up of 8 short modules, for a total of about 5 hours of learning time.
Each lesson can be taken individually or in combination with another:
Module 1 - Introductory video
Module 2 - UNICEF’s Transport Function
Module 3 - UNICEF’s International Transport and Customs Clearance
Module 4 - Introduction to warehousing at UNICEF
Module 5 - Receipt of goods and put-away into storage
Module 6 - Pick items for release orders and dispatch
Module 7 - Physical inventory and inventory adjustments
Module 8 - UNICEF’s In-country Transport.
For further information regarding this course, please contact: