Cover image: © UNICEF/UN0312580/Filippov
About the course
Strengthening the social service workforce is at the heart of protecting children from violence, abuse, exploitation, and harmful practices and achieve the ambitious SDG targets related to child protection. UNICEF’s Strategic Plan has identified social service workforce strengthening as a priority area of investment in child protection. In 2019, UNICEF issued its first ever global Guidelines to Strengthen the Social Service Workforce for Child Protection. This two-module course is aligned to the Guidelines and aims to equip the learner with key strategies to strengthen the social service workforce.
Upon successful completion of the course, you should be able to understand:
- The critical role played by social service workers in child protection.
- Why it is essential to invest in strengthening the social service workforce to protect children from violence, abuse, exploitation, hand harmful practices, and meet the ambitious SDG targets.
- How to how to strengthen the social service workforce for child protection.
- How to better plan, develop, and support the social service workforce.
Programme staff from UNICEF and other UN agencies, government functionaries responsible for policymaking relating to social services, NGOs, academia, researchers, social workers, students in the fields of social work, social services and allied sectors.
The total duration of this course is 55 min.
This is an asynchronous self-paced course.
The content of the course is presented in two interactive modules:
- Module 1: Investing in a workforce that protects children
- Module 2: Strategies to Strengthen the Social Service Workforce for Child Protection