About the course
This course explores the impact of gender, sexual orientation, language, and disability during emergencies.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain gender mainstreaming support and approaches
- Discuss the human rights that are related to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Explain how language can contribute to a feeling of vulnerability
- Describe actions that address disability issues in preparedness and response
- Explain the importance of nutrition for psychosocial and physical health
- UNICEF staff (country offices, regional offices, and HQ)
- UNICEF partners, including government, civil society, and the private sector
It takes about 30 minutes to complete the course.
The course is a self-paced tutorial with interactive content and a quiz.
The course contains these chapters:
- Gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation
- Psychosocial health and support
For questions about technical issues, use this support request form.