About the course
This course explains the standards for communicating and engaging communities who are responding to nutrition in emergencies. The Community Engagement course has two modules.
Module 1 focuses on the importance of community engagement for nutrition in emergencies.
Module 2 focuses on communication and behavioural change for community engagement during emergencies.
By the end of Module 1, you should be able to:
- Discuss the core standards applicable to communication, community engagement, and behaviour change during emergencies
- List the minimum actions for communication and community engagement during emergencies
- List preparedness actions for communication, community engagement and behaviour change during emergencies
- Identify communication channels in a local context
- Discuss accountability and feedback mechanisms
- Explain the role of behaviour change communication in the adoption and coverage of services
- UNICEF staff (country offices, regional offices, and HQ)
- UNICEF partners including government, civil society, private sector
It takes about 60 minutes to complete the course.
The course consists of two tutorial modules with interactive content and quizzes.
Module 1: Community Engagement
- Participatory community engagement for behaviour change
- Relevant standards for communication and community engagement
- Minimum actions in communication and community engagement
Module 2: Community Engagement continued
- Preparedness in communication and community engagement for emergencies
- Emergency response in communication and community engagement for nutrition
- Monitoring and evaluation in community engagement
- Transition and exit strategies in community engagement