Cover image: © UNICEF/UN056153/Romenzi
Welcome to UNICEF Large-Scale Movements Core Commitments for Children in
Humanitarian Action Playlist! This playlist has been specifically designed to help you develop your understanding of the new revised Large-Scale Movements Core Commitments for Children and the benefits of using them when working in an emergency response.
With this playlist you will be able to recognize how to mainstream Large-Scale Movements Commitments and Benchmarks into your work to ensure that children, their families and host communities are protected from violence, exploitation, neglect and abuse and have access to services and durable solutions.
On completion of this playlist you will:
- Understand the new key functions of the Large-Scale Movements CCCs and explain the difference between the core commitments and benchmarks
- Understand why the situation-specific CCCs focused on large-scale movements were developed and how they interact with other sector programme commitments
- Understand your role and responsibility in translating the CCCs into action
- Confident to apply the Large-Scale Movements CCCs in your day to day work.
- Confident to use the Large-Scale Movements CCCs to engage local partners and affected population/groups
- Motivated to improve your skills further
Be able to:
- Use the Large-Scale Movements CCCs to discern the needs of the affected population and groups in mixed migration contexts and use this data to design appropriate preparedness and response programs accessible to all Children on the Move – regardless of legal status, citizenship, nationality or reason for moving.
This learning activity is applicable to all UNICEF staff, managers and partners who work in emergencies and are tasked with developing and implementing child protection programs in their work. It provides the necessary building blocks that increase their ability to apply the Large-Scale Movements core commitments to ensure children, their families and host communities are protected from violence, exploitation, neglect and abuse and have access to services and durable solutions. The learning is therefore targeted at all staff across all HQ, regional, country and Field offices.
It should take you about 45 minutes to complete this playlist.
This playlist uses a webinar, assessment, case study, virtual game-based learning and FAQs to help you to build and strengthen your understanding of how to put the Large-Scale Movements Core Commitments for children guiding principles and framework effectively into practice.
The structure is as follows:
- Simulation Exercise
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Evaluation and Certificate
This playlist was designed and developed by Nelly Owano and Karima Duval from the Humanitarian Evidence and Learning Section (HELS) in partnership with Khaled Khaled and Daniela Knoppik from the Migration and Displacement team in the Programme Division
For technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org