Photo: © UNICEF/UN0547582/Kokoroko
The Oxygen System Planning Tool (OSPT) is an Excel-based, customizable tool that can be used to plan oxygen delivery systems from source to patient. This tool can be used to support high-level healthcare budgeting and planning needs related to oxygen. The core aims of the tool are to provide:
(1) Estimated oxygen demand and recommendations for the oxygen infrastructure required to meet that need;
(2) Scenario comparisons to support rational decision-making for procurement of equipment;
(3) User confidence to communicate oxygen planning and procurement needs.
After completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize UNICEF's role in oxygen therapy;
- Understand the various forms of oxygen sources and key corresponding medical devices;
- Plan a hypothetical scenario of oxygen demand estimation and equipment supply with the Oxygen System Planning Tool;
- Identify key information needed for data collection to run the Oxygen System Planning Tool;
- Manage the outputs of the Oxygen System Planning Tool to support further procurement of equipment with financial, geographic and infrastructure considerations.
- Ministry of Health and Finance Officials
- UNICEF Supply Community (Regional Office, Country Office and Supply Division)
- UNICEF Health staff
- UNICEF partners in oxygen planning (NGOs, corporate, consultants)
- Biomedical engineers
Approximately 1.5 hours, however, you will be able to save your progress and return later.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.