Cover image: © UNICEF/HTIA2012-00093/Dormino
This course describes the actions UNICEF Nutrition takes to attempt to alleviate malnutrition, explains why efforts and collaborations with multiple sectors are required to address the underlying causes of malnutrition, and eventually presents some case studies.
Nutrition is a key sector at UNICEF and an important part of the work we do. In this course, you will explore what it is by:
- Explaining the focus area and work approach of Nutrition at UNICEF.
- Describing Nutrition-specific interventions UNICEF undertakes.
- Detailing why work across multiple sectors is so important.
- Exploring a few real-life, successful multi-sectorial case studies.
This course is suitable to new staff of any level of seniority, of technical or non-technical background, who want to learn the basics about the subject.
It is also open to anyone interested in learning about UNICEF's Nutrition programme.
It should take you about 30 minutes to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of five animated modules, including various examples and activities.
This course is composed of six sections:
- The importance of Nutrition
- UNICEF’s approach
- Main Nutrition interventions
- Multi-sectoral interventions
- Quiz and wrap-up
Edith Cheung, Health Specialist