Developed jointly by UNICEF and WHO, the Immunization eLearning Initiative provides all immunization staff with access to training in areas deemed vital to the advancement of the Global Vaccine Action Plan and its vision that everyone live a life free from vaccine preventable disease.
This e-course on “Planning for Immunization” provides a better understanding of how to develop an effective Comprehensive Multi-year Plan (cMYP).
WHO and UNICEF have published guidelines for the development of a Comprehensive Multi-year Plan (cMYP). But what does the planning process look like in action? What obstacles do programme managers encounter, and how do they overcome them? How can a plan make a programme more efficient, instead of just being used to generate funding?
This course consists of five 10- to 15-min modules. Within it, you play the role of a country office staff member and assist the National EPI Manager of a country named Zanrib to support the cMYP process.
The course provides an overview of how you can develop an effective and relevant cMYP by following simple planning steps. It focuses on the cMYP development process and the importance of involving appropriate stakeholders at various points in the development cycle. By the end of the module, you will be able to effectively support the cMYP development process.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the seven steps of the cMYP development process and how to implement them
- Set realistic cMYP goals, objectives, milestones, and strategies based on available information
- Explain when and how to get stakeholders involved, and what each stakeholder can contribute
- Recognize the most appropriate ways to put cMYP plans into action
- Understand why cMYP plans can be important operation documents used for annual planning
This elearning course is for all national and international World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF professionals involved in immunization programs. It is also open to consultants and partners working in support of immunization.
It is recommended that immunization staff include the Immunization eLearning Initiative courses as part of their professional development plan. Discuss with your supervisor to include this training curriculum as part of your annual goals.
This course consists of five modules with a total duration of approximately 60 minutes, plus a 15-minute assessment.
This course is comprised of five self-paced e-learning modules. It offers a scenario where you play the role of a country office staff member. In this role, you assist the National EPI Manager of a country named Zanrib to support the cMYP process. The course concludes with an assessment.
This course includes five modules organized as follows:
- Module 1: cMYP Steps
- Module 2: Situation Analysis; Objectives & Milestones
- Module 3: Planning Strategies & Aligning Goals
- Module 4: Activity Timeline/M&E; Financing & Resource Mobilization
- Module 5: Putting cMYP into Action
The course certificate can be generated once the learner completes the required course.