Cover image: © UNICEF/UNI163528/Dayal
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what does ethics in evidence generation at UNICEF mean at UNICEF and what are the key principles
- Understand why ethics in evidence generation is important for UNICEF
- Reflect on ethical considerations throughout the research cycle
- Embed relevant mechanisms to ensure the protection of participants and staff throughout the evidence generation program
- Understand the basic requirements for UNICEF staff in ensuring ethical considerations are embedded in their practice.
- Reflect on whether consultants have appropriately considered ethical issues in evidence generation practice and have/will take appropriate actions to mitigate against risks and address ethical issues.
This course is targeted at UNICEF staff undertaking or contracting to undertake an evidence generation programme.
This course is composed of a single short self-paced animated module, including various examples and activities.
This course is composed of 7 modules:
- Introduction: What is ethical evidence generation?
- Why is ethical evidence generation important?
- UNICEF core requirement for ethical evidence generation
- Principles of ethical evidence generation
- Key considerations in ethical evidence generation
- Documenting ethics in evidence generation
- Final summary and assessment.