Cover image: © UNICEF/UNI10359/Estey
Welcome to UNICEF Gender Equality Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action playlist with Interactive Game! This
playlist has been specifically designed to help you develop your understanding
of the three commitments on gender equality and the empowerment of women and
girls and how gender is mainstreamed across various sector CCCs commitments.
With this playlist you will be able to integrate gender into the UNICEF humanitarian programming and advocacy that you support in order to ensure more effective, inclusive and quality programming, that reaches the full diversity of girls and boys, including the least likely to access services and face the greatest risks.
You will need to complete the Introduction to the Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action course before completing this playlist.
On completion of this playlist you will:
- Understand how gender equality has been reflected in the CCCs and in UNICEF’s approach to humanitarian action.
- Distinguish between gender-specific standalone commitments and integration of gender across sectors i.e gender mainstreaming.
- Confident to apply the Gender Equality CCCs when you are supporting a humanitarian response.
- Confident to use the CCCs to engage local NGOs, women and affected population/groups.
- Motivated to improve your skills further
Be able to:
- Practice how to engage with local organizations representing adolescent girls, women’s rights, and youth to gather a better understanding of the situation on the ground and as a step to designing the most appropriate response.
This learning activity is applicable to all UNICEF staff, managers and partners who are responsible for designing and implementing humanitarian programmes. It provides the necessary building blocks that increase their ability to remain accountable to the gender equality commitments and how gender is integrated throughout the CCCs. The learning is therefore targeted at all staff across all HQ, regional, country and field offices.
It should take you about 1 hour to complete this playlist.
This playlist uses a webinar, assessment, virtual game-based learning and FAQs to help you to build and strengthen your understanding of how to put UNICEF Gender Equality Core Commitments for Children guiding principles and framework effectively into practice.
The structure is as follows:
- Simulation Exercise
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Evaluation and Certificate
This playlist was designed and developed by Nelly Owano and Karima Duval from the Humanitarian Evidence and Learning Section (HELS) in partnership with Omar Robles and Mariangela Bizzarri from the Gender Section in the Programme Division
For technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org