Cover image:© UNICEF/UNI99779/Pirozzi
Welcome to UNICEF Child Protection Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action Playlist!
This three-part series has been designed to introduce you to the revised Child Protection Core Commitments for Children and to deepen your understanding of how these guiding principles can impact positive outcomes in humanitarian settings and emergency response.
Upon completion, UNICEF personnel and partners will be prepared to mainstream the Child Protection CCCs and benchmarks in your daily work to ensure that all children and adolescents are protected from violence, exploitation, abuse, neglect and harmful practices.
You will need to complete the Introduction to the Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action course before completing this playlist.
On completion of this playlist you will:
- Understand the strategic result, programmatic commitments and corresponding benchmarks set forth in the Child Protection CCCs.
- Be able to use the policies and framework to drive strategic multisectoral engagement with partners, and develop specific programme actions, bringing a stronger results focus to protecting the rights of affected populations in humanitarian response.
- Discern the needs of affected populations and groups, using this information to design and implement appropriate child-focused and gender sensitive preparedness and response programmes.
- Feel confident in applying the Child Protection CCCs in your daily work.
- Feel confident to pursue integrated interventions in collaboration with other sectors and stakeholders, including engaging local partners as well as affected populations and communities.
- Feel motivated to further expand your skills, knowledge and understanding.
This learning module applies to all UNICEF staff, managers and partners who work in emergencies and are tasked with developing and implementing child protection programmes in their work. The activities build on each other, providing the knowledge, insight and tools needed to apply the Child Protection CCCs, ensuring that children and adolescents everywhere are protected from violence, exploitation, abuse, neglect and harmful practices. The learning is targeted at all staff across all HQ, regional, country and field offices.
It should take you about 1 hour to complete this playlist.
This playlist uses a webinar, assessments, illustrations, virtual game-based learning and FAQs to help you build and strengthen your understanding of how to effectively put the Child Protection Core Commitments for Children into practice.
The structure is as follows:
- Simulation Exercise
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Evaluation and Certificate
This playlist was designed and developed by Nelly Owano and Karima Duval from the Humanitarian Evidence and Learning Section (HELS) in partnership with Hugues Laurenge, Leela Deo and Tasha Gill from the Child Protection Section in the Programme Division
For technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org